Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Redheaded Bros

These redheaded brothers, Dustin and Cole were vacationing on the Garden Isle of Kauai from somewhere cold (so was I, obviously). They were avoiding the sun's harmful rays, as was I, so naturally we struck up a conversation about what it's like to be redheaded high school boys. "The girls really like our red hair, they commented." I asked, "Do you have any redheaded girlfriends?" The thoughtful reply was, "No, not yet." 
"Well, it's okay to date outside your hair color," I advised blithely, "But if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, get a redhead to marry you." 
"Of course!" was their reply. Redheads are just so very smart and practical!

1 comment:

May Shelley said...

MOM! You need to put on some sunscreen! Compared to those red heads, you look like one of the African red-heads from the picture I showed you. Lather up.