Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grandma Marian


This is my grandma Marian, the most stylish redhead of them all! Born in 1910, in Venice, Ca., she was a gifted artist, surfisherwoman, seamstress and homemaker. She and my grandpa Al lived right across the street from us when I was growing up. She was a fiery redhead with intellect and energy to spare. She was the sort of redheaded grandma who would get up in the morning, walk down to the beach, catch some fish, then bring them home to eat, or she'd take us out to her art studio on the back patio and we'd use the fish as a paint brush to make paintings. Marian was devoted completely to her husband Al and her only son Edward (I only ever heard her call him Edward), and finally to her seven grandchildren, but I know she could have successfully managed any company in California! She was also graced with an amazing sense of style, always had the perfect outfit for every occasion, and definitely knew how to pose for the camera! Granny, I love you!

1 comment:

George said...

She's got quite a wry smile!